Posted 28-Jun-2017, Closing
Have you recently finished school with little work experience and are you looking for a job to get your foot in the door? Chesters New Lynn branch has an awesome opportunity for you to learn and grow in an industry with fantastic career possibilities.
There are a huge amount of benefits when you are part of the Chesters team! We are NZ owned and operated, 16 branches nationwide and still growing after 40 years with more planned! We’re very down to earth, there’s great communication, great support, and most importantly for you… awesome team members, fantastic customers and choices for your career path!
Although you may have limited work experience we are looking for someone who has:
- Confidence to drive a manual with a full New Zealand drivers licence
- Excellent communication skills
- A good level of fitness and able to lift heavy gear when required
- Basic computer skills
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the ongoing growth of our branch
- A can do attitude with a willingness to learn!
If you are keen to be part of a great team and feel this is a company that you can learn and develop a career with then this will be a great opportunity for you.
If you’re excited about this opportunity, apply online with your CV today! Or if you’d like to have a confidential chat please feel free to contact our recruitment team, People Passion on 09 299 2525.
Posted 11-Jul-2017, Closing
There are a huge amount of benefits when you are part of the Chesters team! We are NZ owned and operated, nationwide and just opened our 16th branch – still growing after 40 years. We're very down to earth, there's great communication, great support, and most importantly for you awesome team members and fantastic customers!
Our Palmerston North branch has a fabulous opportunity for a well presented, highly motivated Showroom Consultant. If you are a ‘people person’ who has previous sales experience in a similar environment this would certainly be a bonus!
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who:
- Is well presented and enjoys face to face communication with customers
- Ideally has previous retail/customers facing/showroom or sales experience
- Has strong communication skills, with exceptional active listening abilities
- Is computer savvy
- Can motivate themselves and has a desire to succeed
- Is confident and well organised
- Has an eye for detail and can follow through on a task
- Can think outside the square and provide creative ideas for different customer requirements
- Is a great team player who enjoys a busy environment
- Is willing to learn and has an enthusiastic approach to contribute to the ongoing growth of our branch
Most importantly you will have a sense of humour and be willing to go the extra mile for our wonderful customers (and your team mates). Your days of work will be Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm with rostered Saturdays, 8:00am to 12.00pm.
If you have a passion for bathrooms, sales and people, then we welcome your application. Apply online with your CV and cover letter or for a confidential chat phone our recruitment team, People Passion 09 299 2525
Posted 13-Jul-2017, Closing
Are you good at math, energetic and willing to learn?
We require an energetic Trainee Warehouse Assistant to join our friendly team at our distribution centre based in Kumeu. Full training will be provided to bring you up to speed quickly so if you’ve recently left school or have only a little work experience this could be the break you’ve been looking for.
There are a huge amount of benefits when you are part of the Chesters team! We are NZ owned and operated, nationwide with 16 branches – and still growing after 40 years. We're very down to earth, there's great communication, great support, and most importantly for you... awesome team members, on the job training and great career opportunities!
We are looking for a person who has:
- Strength to cope with some heavy lifting at times
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong grasp of basic Math
- The ability to work on their own and as part of a busy team
- A good eye for detail
- Good computer skills for accurate data entry of stock
- A great attitude with a desire to learn and grow
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the ongoing growth of our company
Most importantly you will be a great team player that’s happy to go the extra mile and be super reliable. Your hours will be 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday with rostered Saturdays.
If you want to develop a career in warehousing or logistics then you’ll want to join Chesters Plumbing & Bathrooms, a successful New Zealand owned business that is going places.
Be quick, complete the simple online application with your cover letter today (plus attach your CV if you have one). Or for a confidential chat you can phone our recruitment team, People Passion, 09 299 2525
Posted 14-Jul-2017, Closing
We have a truly fabulous opportunity at our Albany branch for someone who loves being in a supporting role. We want someone who enjoys going the extra mile and has a ‘can do’ solution focused attitude!
Our Branch Sales Support role is new to our branch and you will be assisting our team with day to day activities such as; order processing, quoting, pricing, counter and telephone support, plus technical and general information about our extensive product range. Full product training provided however if you have plumbing or construction knowledge it will be highly advantageous to you.
You will be working closely with our Internal Sales team and customers and you will naturally take pride in delivering outstanding customer service, over the phone and face to face. You’ll need to enjoy juggling tasks and having a good memory recall will definitely make your busy day fly by quickly.
At Chesters, we like to do outstanding, however the basics you will need to have include…
- Previous pricing and quoting experience within the industry
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Solid understanding of how to adapt to different situations
- Able to build rapport quickly with customers
- Skilled at gathering data and information for new solutions to offer your customers
- Solid computer skills – Microsoft Suite and quick to pick up custom software
- Know how to work on your own and become the ‘go to’ person on the team
- Enthusiasm and energy to burn to ensure the ongoing growth of our branch
- Plumbing or construction industry experience would be an advantage
- Most importantly a great sense of humour
This is a super exciting opportunity for someone who has a great attitude to providing support when and where needed. You’ll also need to be self-motivated and be driven to keep others on track. It goes without saying that you will need to be extremely well organised, be able to use your initiative, have a high level of focus, determination and strong work ethic.
There are a huge amount of benefits when you are part of the Chesters team. We are NZ owned and operated, 16 branches nationwide and still growing after 40 years. We’re very down to earth, there’s great communication, great support, and most importantly for you… awesome team members, fantastic customers and health insurance!
If you are ready for a change – then apply online with your CV, or for a confidential chat contact our recruitment team, People Passion, 09 299 2525.